Have you always wanted to learn piano but just never found the time to do it? Or did you take lessons when you were a child, but stopped when life just got too busy? I'm one of the latter, and I also lost interest after a while -- endless hours of practicing scales and other drills just didn't appeal to me.
Now that I'm an adult (at least in body! :P) I can play what I want and I can be more selective about the teacher I have. I don't care to take any exams, so I won't have to learn any particular pieces just for the exam. I just want to learn piano songs that I enjoy and play for myself and maybe friends.
I searched for lesson options because I wanted some guidance to remind me of some of the lessons I'd forgotten and to help me improve my overall skills. Private teachers are the most expensive option and they can give the most customized instruction. Group lessons, although good for complete beginners, weren't as suitable for me.
One option that wasn't around when I was a child is online piano lessons. These are Learn Piano programs that are downloaded, or that can be bought on CDs and/or DVDs. In general, these online programs have three components to them: a printed (or printable) book, audio lessons and recorded clips of an instructor playing, and video showing how to position yourself and play.
Comparatively, the cost of these Learn Piano programs is very inexpensive: for the cost of 2 or 3 private lessons, you can get a complete program that has at least several months (if not years, depending on your pace and practice times) of lessons. These are great for just a recreational player like myself. They're also a great way for a beginner to start, to get an idea of what it's like to learn piano, without investing hundreds of dollars and months of your time with a private teacher. Here's a comparison of some of the best Learn Piano programs.
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment